11.02.2004

"God is a large man."

From the journal of Varjak Paul, date unknown:

"God is a large man. He's at least 6'2" and his muscles, though in perfectly toned proportion to the rest of his body, seem to inhabit separate hemispheres. I met him once, at a bus stop in the evening. We talked for a while, first about the power of his words, then about the power of mine. I got the feeling he was trying to tell me something, communicate something for which I was not ready. I said so and ended the conversation. He (having lost nothing) left me to myself. I sensed he knew I would get on the next bus feeling dejected and no more logologically aware, but I sensed also that it did not bother him.

I guess it just wasn't our time to be together. I got on the next bus with a dirty feeling, like right before a shower. I met him again some years later, and things became more clear, then. But, that's a story for another day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home