12.16.2005

wednesday sucked

this is the message that was left on my voicemail wednesday, around one o'clock:

"Hi Matthew my name is Jim. I'm a paramedic with --- co. I have Lisa here; she was involved in a little car accident. Everything is fine. She's just gonna take a ride down to South Buffalo Mercy so that she can get checked out and make sure the baby's fine. Again, everything is fine. Um, if you want, you can give me a call back here at --- ----, and you can take a ride, a slow ride, to South Buffalo Mercy, where they'll be. Again, everything's fine. B-bye."

needless to say, i became worred. too, jim's repeated use of the word "fine" did not help.

fast-forward to dinnertime wednesday, and everything is indeed "fine". my wife and bethany are both perfectly ok; the car, not so much. ah, well - better the car than my wife and child-to-be.

UPDATE: the car is officially totalled; the search for a new second vehicle begins...

2 Comments:

Blogger Thin Black Duke said...

I'm a worrier by nature. Reading this freaked me out. I'm glad your wife and kid are ok.

6:53 PM  
Blogger a.b.smith said...

hey, sorry to hear all that. I can't imagine, but just good to hear that what matters is safe. Though being without the car might pose a problem too. Let us know if we can help!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home