6.13.2006

(another) article of lunch - 6.13

i haven't finished reading this yet, so i can't really comment much, but i'm liking it so far...

Digital Maoism: The Hazards of the New Online Collectivism, by Jaron Lanier

I'll say this: I still like Wikipedia, because I am inclined to use it more as a casual reference guide, generally. I am, largely, not interested, as Mr. Lanier points out, in the purely scientific data I could have found online before the W that has since been assimilated. Rather, I enjoy Wikipedia for its help in taking in a subject/entry and getting a sense of it. The details I can discover on my own from a variety of sources, but in a world of too much to pay and too little attention, the W can certainly cut a quick swath.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home