4.09.2007

NaPoWriMo - Nine

"From Here to Insanity"

First - Presently

My grip is loose.
It is always
the same day
the same place
and these people never
ever
Rhyme
(for spite, I think)
and the sun is hollow
behind April snow.

Second - Reflection

Hockey and beer
hockey and beer
hooray for everything
here!
Still
the snow falls
and anywhere else calls me
by name.

Third - Descent

Sleepy Jack, he loves
cream pies and creampies.
"Never mind the rest of her;
where'd you park the car?"

Fourth/Last - Narcoleptic Insanity

(the fire drill, in the distance)
Why is it raining so cold?
So many lives under the lids,
I am both young and old.
(is real)
Wake me again, again soon;
tomorrow is out there
walking, walking, and walking
Away
from today
and seems to delight in my absence.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home