10.06.2008

Meme Monday

I don't go out of my way to do memes, but if I'm tagged, I'm ready. And I've been tagged by my good friend Mike. Here goes.

5 Things I'm Thankful For

1. My wife. She's as good as they come. If you need more than that, read Proverbs 31.
2. My daughters. Seriously, could they be any cuter?
3. My family. Case in point: my mom's up visiting this weekend, and she's going to babysit tonight so Lisa and I can have a night on the town.
4. My friends. I have the best friends in the world, bar none. No links to prove it, so you'll have to take me at my word.
5. The Bible. I love to learn and I love God, so the Bible, which combines the two, is basically the best thing ever.

7 Things About Myself (that you couldn't glean from the first list)

1. I'm a writer. Poetry is my first love, and I've gotten a piece or three published in online magazines. Nothing too impressive, but that's not the point.
2. I'm a musician. On the verge of pulling in my first piano student, I might as well admit that it's gonna stick.
3. I don't care for cold weather. Then why do I live in Buffalo, NY?
4. I might have mild OCD. I'm not in danger of getting into a fatal car accident because I was counting light poles or anything. It's more small stuff, like starting and/or ending stairs on the same foot and changing the times on my posts to be palindromes, and what not.
5. I want to be a librarian. Not sure any explanation is needed, here.
6. I wish the world would not try to make me feel like a bad person because I don't like to dance. (And here's the long rant of the post. I apologize in advance.) I'm just saying, I can think of, and I enjoy, a number of other ways to relax and enjoy myself and have fun with other people, but dancing is the only one you get yelled at for not liking, and this is where I steal a bit from Mitch Hedberg: Dang it, Otto, I can't believe you don't like to dance! Dang it, Otto, I can't believe you don't like to play darts! One of those two doesn't sound right. I'm just saying.
7. I'd like to be something of a minimalist, but I haven't developed the fortitude, just yet. I'm telling you, same outfit every day. Is it odd that I'd consider that a huge weight off my mind in the morning routine?

I'll tag my uncle Jeff, though I'm not sure he'll bite.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Uncle Jeff said...

I'd be willing to bet that those who encourage you to dance are not as interested in seeing you 'dance' per se, than in seeing you 'let loose' and have a good time. Give them credit for good intentions, then sit down and enjoy yourself.

Knowing what you enjoy and what you don't is a blessing. I still can't answer the simple question "What would you like to do?" I'm spending a lot of my time thinking about that these days.

I'm not sure if this is a proper response to being 'tagged' - but I did 'bite'. Thanks for the shout.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home