8.02.2010

I'm Back. I'm Taking it Slow.

I've been thinking about this for a while, now, and I've decided it's time to resurrect LaToVP. Of course Varjak Paul, your friend and mine, never went anywhere; he just kept his mouth shut for what turned out to be a lengthy period of time. That ends now(ish).

I've spent at least my share of time since I closed the curtain on this blog trying out different blogging platforms and different blogging styles, and the end realization I've finally come to is that I don't really need any of that. LaToVP still feels like home to me when it comes to blogging, and as they say, home is where the heart is.

My heart is here.

That said, here's what you can expect from me & my (still) various internet locales:

LaToVP - Words & writing, especially poetry, and perhaps an occasional thought about things unrelated to words (specifically, a revival of my wife's favorite segment, Things My Wife Has Said). Posts about my life & my girls will invariably appear. Varjak Paul, especially, will return.

Twitter - While you can see my partial Twitter feed here (in the sidebar), you can always follow me on Twitter, too. (And if anyone can help me out with that widget, I'd be grateful. It's OK, but I'd like it to stick out a bit less.)

The Wordle Bible - As you can see if you visit the blog, TWB is on hiatus. Once I build up a large enough supply of chapter Wordles, the 3-a-day schedule will resume. More on that as it happens.

Buckeye Football - If you're familiar with my Friday & Monday emails (during the college football season), you can probably guess where I'm going with this. The emails will continue, for those of you who are already on the list, but starting this season (today, in fact), they can also be found on a new blog: Buckeye Football. (The first post is already up.)

--
I am extremely unlikely to approach a posting frequency that rivals the peak of this blog, and that's just the way I want it. Things will move slowly around here, intentionally--I'm thinking something on the order of one, maybe (maybe) two posts per week. As such, I'll be aiming at something in the "less is more" vein. I hope the posts will be meatier (though not necessarily longer), with the extra time between posts giving the reader more time to digest. How many of us, who travel the internet's winding roads, aren't already inundated with bite-sized, disposable pieces of the internet on a daily basis? You don't need me adding more noise, but I hope you'll appreciate me adding the occasional bit of substance.

Along those lines, I plan on posting something of actual substance later this week. Stay tuned, and be well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home